Join the Gilpin County Sheriff's Office, Timberline Fire Department, Central City Fire Department, and Black Hawk Police Department on
March 16, 2017 at 3pm
at the Gilpin County School
10595 Highway 119
Black Hawk, CO 80422
as participants shave their heads for a good cause.
Gilpin County is endeavoring to raise $10,000 as a county to donate to St. Baldrick's Foundation. If you are interested in donating, please follow this link. Even if you are unable to donate, please join us for the fun as participants shave their heads!
St. Baldrick’s is a worldwide fundraising endeavor to raise money for Cancer Research for Kids.
Some facts about Childhood Cancer and St. Baldrick’s:
- Worldwide, 300,000 children are diagnosed with cancer each year. In the US, more children die from childhood cancer than any other disease.
- Childhood cancer isn’t just one disease, there are a dozen types of childhood cancer and countless subtypes, each requiring specific research to develop the best treatment for every child.
- But in the last 20 years, only 3 new drugs have been approved that were specifically developed to threat childhood cancer.
- Less than 4% of the National Cancer Institute’s funding is dedicated to childhood cancer research.
- Each of us has known a family member, friend or a member in our community who have had a child suffer from one of the childhood cancers. Cancer has no boundaries.